Anotating pdf in LubuntuI found that Evince 3.2 can annotate Pdf files.
I followed this tutorial. Which describes following steps
- Open your desired PDF in Evince.
- In the upper left, you should see the word “Thumbnails” and a down arrow.
- Press the down arrow and choose “Annoations”. This will show you the list of annotations in the current PDF.
- You should see an “add” tab. Click on the add tab. There should be a small pencil icon.
- Click on the pencil icon. Your cursor should turn into a plus sign.
- Click where you want to put your annotation. A yellow icon should appear and a small yellow window with your name in the title bar should appear.
- Type your annotation. I had a small bit of trouble getting it to recognize my typing but resizing the yellow window did the trick.
- When you are done, you will need to save the PDF as a different file. I am not sure why this is but if I saved it on top of the old file, it didn’t take the annotations.
Unfortunately, I need to add one more step for each annotation and one "bug"
- Right click and select input method simple instead of system(simple)
- Can not delete annotations yet. See http://askubuntu.com/questions/95042/how-to-delete-an-annotation-in-evince